Practical Workshop on IP Commercialization
In the context of “2015 UK-Turkey Year of Science and Innovation”, there will be a “Practical Workshop on IP Commercialization” on November 9, 2015 organised by METU TTO in cooperation with UK Science & Innovation Network.
The topics below will be presented by British specialists/inventors during the workshop which will take place at METU Culture and Convention Center:
- IP Policy & Commercialization Strategies for the University Patents
- The Big 7 Mistakes in Licensing
- BlueGnome Case Study: Describing how the business developed from initial funding to final sale and difficulties in getting initial funding and also comparing 6 start up cases
- Thruvision Case Study: Talking about the process that led to the development of the IP through the StarTiger Program and the role of the main inventor in spinning out the technology into Thruvision
- 2 Licenses and 1 Spinoff Cases: Comparing and contrasting three different licensing strategies involving the assignment of IP in the fields of a drug lead discovery platform, new robust sensor material and immiscible plastics